Tom Kimmel’s songs have been featured in film, in television and on albums by dozens of artists, including Johnny Cash, Joe Cocker, Randy Travis and Linda Ronstadt, selling millions of copies around the world. A critically acclaimed recording and performing artist in his own right, he tours widely and has released seven albums.
The Sweetest & the Meanest, his first collection of poems, draws on his colorful life experience coming of age in the Deep South, traveling the world and exploring spiritual practices. Born in Memphis, he grew up in Alabama and now divides his time between Nashville and Tupelo, Mississippi.
The Sweetest & The Meanest is available in soft cover and e-book formats.
BOOK FESTIVAL APPEARANCES
- Alabama Book Festival (Montgomery, AL)
- Southern Festival of Books (Nashville, TN)
- South Carolina Book Festival (Columbia, SC)
- Decatur Book Festival (Atlanta, GA)
- Sandhills Writers Conference (Augusta, GA)
- Calhoun Community College Writers Conference (Decatur, AL)
- Southern Writers Reading (Fairhope, AL)
PUBLICATIONS featuring KIMMEL’S POETRY
- Blue Rock Review
- California Quarterly
- The Distillery
- Oxford So & So
- Reflections (Yale University)
- Sanskrit Literary Arts Magazine (St. John’s University)
- Schuylkill Valley Journal Of The Arts
- Wisconsin Review