1. A late summer bonjour!
2. News-in-Brief: Home from abroad, new Ireland pics; 2015 Ireland tour booking now; where to buy-stream-and-view TK CDs, songs, poems & videos
3. TK Poem of the Month: Mama’s Random Observations
4. Food for Thought: Deep wisdom from an unlikely source (The Emperor of France)
5. Perspective: Classic singles that didn’t make it to Number One…
6. Booking TK (solo… or with the Sherpas, the New Agrarians or the Waymores)
Hello friends, fans, family and fellow ne’er-do-wells! This will be a short one as I’m catching my breath from my travels. Hope everyone’s summer has been going swimmingly!
(And may we all savor what’s left of it.)
2. News: England, Ireland past and future, where to buy Tom’s stuff…
a.My time in England last month were inspiring. I performed for a fundraiser for Team Verrico, a nonprofit supporting women with triple negative breast cancer. Old friends, new friends. It was sweet… and bittersweet.
b.Ireland was so soulful and rewarding, as always. Thanks to everyone who joined me for the tour. You blessed me in many ways.
c.I’ve added a dozen recent Ireland pics to my web gallery HERE.
(If you’d like to see more photos (and you’re into Flickr browsing), I’ve put together a public Ireland album of 50 or so images HERE.
d.My Ireland 2015 tour is now taking reservations! It will run July 28-August 6, and we’ll be exploring Counties Cork, Kerry and Clare along Ireland’s gorgeous southwest coast.
Lots of info on next year’s trip is at my website HERE.
…And you’ll find a FAQ page for the tour HERE.
e.Where to buy-download-and-stream Tom’s stuff:
- My book The Sweetest & the Meanest can be purchased through your local bookstore(!)… or in soft cover or Kindle editions at Amazon.com.
(Note that customer reviews for the book at Amazon are helpful and appreciated… if one is so inclined.)
- My CDs can be purchased at CD Baby HERE.
- All the tracks on my indie CDs can be downloaded or streamed via iTunes, Amazon Music, Pandora and other outlets.
- Various pro and amateur TK videos can be seen at YouTube HERE, including this video of my song “Can You See Me Now” (written with Amelia White)… as performed by the Waymores HERE. (Great audio quality on that one.)
3. Poem of the Month
I’m sad to say that my dear mother has been quite ill of late. I have treasured this past year with her in Mississippi—and I pray there’ll be good times to come. One of the joys of living with Mama is that I’ve had the benefit of the (sometimes unintentionally) humorous remarks she’s made as I’ve attempted to assemble edible meals for us.
Random Observations My Mother’s Made While I Make Supper
Did I ever tell you I had dinner at the Pig & Whistle the night before you were born and ate three pieces of pumpkin pie?
You might not love that sweater, but you need to wear it one good time where she can see it.
But have you tried chipotle spam?
You know when it was time for you to give up your pacifier you gave it to the cows. When Molly gave up her pacifier she gave it to the alligator in James Clolinger’s pond.
I can’t remember their names but they have a daughter named Susan and she’s the one that baked the pie.
I don’t know what would happen to the carrot industry if you quit eatin’ ’em.
You know what Dr. Paul said? He said, Sue Wallace you either got to quit drinkin’ or quit cookin’.
After a bird flew into the window:
I don’t believe he’s dead, but I do think he’s a little lightheaded.
4. Food for Thought
“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”
—Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821), military and political leader
5. Perspective: Give great work its due!
I read the other day that Boys of Summer—one of my favorite summer singles—never made it to Number One. I took a look around and…
10 Great Singles That Never Reached Number One
- Blueberry Hill
- Dancing in the Street
- Born to Be Wild
- Proud Mary
- Stairway to Heaven
- We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions
- Don’t Dream It’s Over
- Candle in the Wind
10 Great Artists Who Never Won a Grammy
- Buddy Holly
- The Everly Brothers
- Sam Cooke
- The Supremes
- Jimi Hendrix
- The Who
- Led Zeppelin
- The Doors
- Janis Joplin
- Bob Marley
6. Booking & Tour Schedule